Friday, June 3, 2011

Fabric Art - Round Two

But not so Easy Peasy this time!

I've been feeling so pleased with myself for making the lovely piece that I blogged about last month, that I though I'd try my hand a similar little fabric art piece to sit at our front counter.  I could just imagine how cute it would look there.





I used two fabric scraps - cutting one out in an oval shape, though a square or rectangle would be equally cute.  I sewed the two pieces together, one atop the other, stitching the top piece 1/4" inside its edge. Then using little scissors, I snipped the top fabric piece all around the edge.  To give it a frayed look, I tossed it in the washer and dryer with my next load of clothes.  You can see all those details  and the final result in this picture:



That was the easy-peasy part! 

The hard part was using a staple gun to attach it to the small 4" by 6" canvas.  Apparently stretching and stapling fabric to a large canvas is considerably easier that stapling it to a tiny, light as a feather canvas.  Ugh! What a mess I made of the back.  Look - No! Don't Look!




Do look at the front though 'cause it's adorable with it's frayed frame.
Yay fabric art!


 Tomorrow my new serger arrives..... loads of fun is in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment