Monday, January 23, 2012

Jersey Blouse Pt.1 - A No-Napkin Monday Project

rain, rain don't go away 

We finally got some much needed rain here in California.  It's been so long that I actually found the blustery sky a bit mesmerizing and distracting today.

But despite the distraction of stormy weather, I managed to start in on my next sewing project, a blouse from Butterick Pattern B5678.  To challenge myself, (and because I love the fabric) I am going to sew it from a cotton/lycra jersey fabric.

I could tell right away that it was going to take a bit more time, because even laying the fabric out flat and straight was slow and difficult due to it being so stretchy.

And as I cut the pieces, the fabric would curl up... just another small challenge.

But I got it all cut out, sewing marks and notches made, buttons chosen, and interfacing ironed in.  Ideally, next Monday I can just turn on my serger and start sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment